Creating Bitmap Fonts not working for me

Hello all,

I’ve been trying to create a bitmap font from a ttf using the methods in the documentation (Littera and BMFont), and none worked for me. The .fnt files gives me very different result from the ones Ive seen working, which is weird. How do you make it work for you?

Thanks!

When using BMFont don’t forget to check the boxes on the main screen to select the sets of glyphs that you want to export. If I remember correctly in “Edit” there’s an option that shows which glyphs are being exported.

Yes thank you (:

However it didn’t work for me. Fortunately, I found out another small free program that converts the font into the correct format.

1 Like

Nice! Consider detailing your solution here so others can benefit from it in the future.

With the guidance of deepnight, it seems that this free software do the work just fine

https://code.google.com/archive/p/fontbuilder/downloads

1. select your font in the 1st tab (font)
  2. choose the needed characters in the 2nd tab (characters)
  3. in the 4th (output) tab:
  • check the image option, select PNG
  • check the description option, select " Divo Compatible XML "
  1. go to the exported file, rename the *.xml file to *.fnt (this is the only supported extension in Heaps)
  2. You should be able to use this font by placing it in your /res folder and calling hxd.Res.myFontNameHere.toFont()
1 Like