Distributing for Mac and Linux

Hello!

I easily found how to make build releases for windows and webgl, but I can’t seem to figure out how to do that for Mac or Linux. Are those builds possible from a Window User standpoint?

Windows 10 has the Linux Subsystem Which allows you to essentially install a linux distro on your machine, in which you could compile your code with. For mac, i honestly cant help in that department as they don’t have an release binaries, and i am not sure if there are any ways to compile hashlink to mac on windows. Best bet is maybe a VM, but even then those are pretty hard to find. Ask around the more experienced people of heaps.

Hi!

I’ve begun with a script to create redistibutable HL applications for Mac, but it is hard to me to try it in a “clean” computer. To test any change done in the code, I must wait days or weeks to a friend to test in his Mac and it is not viable.

I’ve created a new brach with some of the tests I have to do, but right now can’t test them. I’m far from my Mac because of the famous virus.

If someone can continue with this script, it would be great!

I’ll gladly help out if you could give me any pointers on where to get started!

It would be nice to you to try something, because I left it a bit stuck and frustrated.

HL is compiled using dynamic libraries. Which means the executer hasn’t them packed with it. It “knows” where are they. In windows, the executable first looks in the same folder, so put the dll files near the executable and it runs, no problem. But in OSX and Linux it doesn’t do that. So when you move the compiled vm to another machine where the needed dynamic libraries doesn’t exist or they aren’t in the exact same path as in your computer, HL doesn’t find them and can’t run.

The idea is to compile HL telling to it to look for the dynamic libraries in the same folder, as in windows. But I could not get it working.

here is a nice summary.

good luck and keep us informed!