Fog in 3D scene

How can I create fog in 3D scene? to be precise, I need a nebula in space. Any examples?

Hi, Igor!

I just wanted to add some information I found on this topic even though I hardly know anything about 3D. It seems nebula should be the right term to find more on this. At first I found volumetric fog, but I’m not sure. Especially how it could be implemented in a cosmic space scene, particularly where light or glow effects are important.

From what I’ve read volumetric fog is part of the Unreal Engine by default, but a paid asset in the Unity asset store. In this regard I’d assume it isn’t a very easy thing to program or write a shader for, but it’s really a guess.

However there are tutorials on coding/molding nebulas still. These two (1+2) by Curtis Holt look pretty interesting and are made with blender. This is another YouTube tutorial but in Three.js and unfortunately for 2D… Or check the YouTube search results.

If you haven’t already figured it out a long time ago by now, maybe visit us on discord. :point_left: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Another way to approach this might be clouds (in blender).

• Iridesium made a video on this.

• I guess blender’s EEVEE might also help to support the correct illumination… seems to at least ( → YouTube)

So, have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help! And what about the use of Space Nebula in Haxe (not Unity and Unreal)?