Hashlink's resolution is sharper than release (Windows 10 + gcc)

I used hashlink to generate my c-files and then I use hlc-compiler to use gcc to get the executable for release. I tried different optimizations like -O1, -O2, -O3, however as you should see in the picture the pixel resolution is sharper when using hashlink than it is running the .exe release.

resolution between hl and gcc -O3 differs
(the front window is hashlink)

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Further information

My hlc-compile command (for cmd or .bat):

haxelib run hlc-compiler --srcDir ./ --outDir ../exe/ --hlLibDir "C:\Programs\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\hashlink\hl-1.11.0-win" --hlIncludeDir "C:\Programs\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\hashlink\hashlink-master\src" --copyRuntimeFiles --exFile C:\Windows\System32\dbghelp.dll -O3

see also: Options for gcc and optimization

This concerns not only Hashlink. Html5/JavaScript is as sharp as HL.

Seems like a problem with your scene that scales to fix a bigger window. Scaling pixel perfect text will create such blurry result.

If it’s not a huge deal, could you give a little bit more information (maybe steps) on how to compile to exe. I’m having a hard time getting it to work. I get “Access Violation” which could be because I’m not setting up the PAK system right… any info or links would be greatly appreciated!

Hi! I’m not sure if this is exactly a “sharp graphics” issue, you could open a new thread instead …
I didn’t use the PAK system so at the moment I can’t share any knowledge about that. (Idk maybe Cannasse can)
Usually most heaps people hang out in the discord channel.