[POLL] which heaps version are you using?

Which heaps version are you using ?

• Current release
  • Git version

0 voters

btw, release 1.4.0 was out yesterday (1st october).

Hi there. Some weeks ago I was checking out the heaps engine and I was able to build and run the samples with hashlink. I used Haxe Preview 4.0.0 and hashlink 1.7 binary and hashlink runtime from git and git heaps.

Now I re-installed windows 10 and I was installing the same like before (haxe 4.00, hashlink 1.7 and hashlink runtime from git), and the git heaps like before, but now it seems that the git heaps does not work with haxe 4.0.0 anymore.

haxe.MainEvent has no field isBlocking

Where can I find a heaps version, that works with Haxe 4.0.0 and hashlink 1.7?

Just install current release (1.4.0) with haxelib

See haxelib documentation here

The package name is (as you probably guessed) heaps

I tried heaps 1.4.0 git version and 1.4.0 from haxelib. That’s why I am asking.

Trying to compile sample base2D.

Haxe 4.0.0 preview form haxe.org.

Or did I use another Haxe build, maybe a nightly build? I can’t remember. :wink:

Heaps 1.4 from haxelib and from git

Hashlink runtime from git

Hm.

heaps haxelib

C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\heaps\1,4,0\samples\build\base2D>haxe -lib hldx base2D_hl.hxml
C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\heaps/1,4,0/hxd/System.hl.hx:331: characters 3-69 : haxe.MainEvent has no field isBlocking
C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\heaps/1,4,0/hxd/snd/Manager.hx:140: characters 24-55 : haxe.MainEvent has no field isBlocking
C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\heaps/1,4,0/hxd/File.hx:100: characters 15-29 : Class<hl.UI> has no field loadFile
C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\heaps/1,4,0/hxd/File.hx:168: characters 15-29 : Class<hl.UI> has no field saveFile
C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\heaps/1,4,0/hxd/fmt/fbx/HMDOut.hx:44: characters 15-35 : Module hl.Format does not define type Mikktspace

heaps from git

C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\heaps\git\samples\build\base2D>haxe -lib hldx base2D_hl.hxml
C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\heaps/git/hxd/System.hl.hx:331: characters 3-69 : haxe.MainEvent has no field isBlocking
C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\heaps/git/hxd/snd/Manager.hx:140: characters 24-55 : haxe.MainEvent has no field isBlocking
C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\heaps/git/hxd/File.hx:100: characters 15-29 : Class<hl.UI> has no field loadFile
C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\heaps/git/hxd/File.hx:168: characters 15-29 : Class<hl.UI> has no field saveFile
C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\heaps/git/hxd/fmt/fbx/BaseLibrary.hx:9: characters 8-23 : Type not found : haxe.xml.Access
C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\heaps/git/hxd/fs/Convert.hx:40: lines 40-57 : Defined in this class
C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\heaps/git/hxd/fmt/fbx/BaseLibrary.hx:9: characters 8-23 : Type not found : haxe.xml.Access
C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\heaps/git/hxd/fs/Convert.hx:40: lines 40-57 : Defined in this class
C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\heaps/git/hxd/Res.hx:4: characters 2-8 : Build failure
./Base2D.hx:1: lines 1-70 : Defined in this class
./Base2D.hx:34: characters 14-32 : Class<hxd.Res> has no field customFont
./Base2D.hx:66: characters 3-20 : Class<hxd.Res> has no field initEmbed

Ok. Sorry to shred your thread. :slight_smile:

I found my mistake. I was using haxe 4.0.0 preview 1 instead of the latest haxe.

Too much wine yesterday … :frowning: